I often get asked in mentoring and training sessions, what to ask a web designer or agency when looking to get a website built. Some questions you might ask include:
- Can you walk me through your design process?
- How do you approach designing a website that meets my business needs and goals?
- Who will own the website domain and where are you hosting the website and emails?
- What information do you need from me to help with building the website i.e. content, images, reviews
- Can you show me examples of websites you’ve designed that are similar to what I’m looking for?
- How do you ensure that the website is user-friendly and easy to navigate?
- How do you ensure that the website is responsive and looks good on different devices and screen sizes?
- What kind of content management system (CMS) do you recommend, and why?
- How do you optimise the website for search engines (SEO)?
- How do you handle website maintenance and updates after the launch?
- What is your estimated timeline for completing the project?
- What happens if I’m not happy with the initial designs?
- Will I be able to maintain the website myself or have to come to you whenever I require any amends (and what will this cost)?
- Will my website be backed up regularly?
- Will my website be secure?
- Do you install Google Analytics as part of the process?
- What is your pricing and payment structure for web design services?
These are just some of the questions you can ask which will help you get a better understanding of the web designer’s process, approach, experience, and pricing. It’s also important to share your own goals and needs for the website, so the designer can tailor their responses to your specific project.
If you would like to discuss your own web design project, then please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org